ACPS is providing each student in grades 5 and 9 with the opportunity to lease a Chromebook to increase their digital literacy in a 21st century learning environment such as:
- Create personalized instruction
- Promote student ownership of learning
- Increase educational experiences outside the classroom and provide global awareness
- Design more engaging, interactive, and collaborative learning opportunities
- Enhance instruction for teachers and learning for students
As part of this program, students are expected to maintain a level of responsible use with the devices that support the mission and purpose of the program. The following are required tasks to complete prior to students receiving their Chromebooks:
- Parents and students must review and sign the ACPS Acceptable Use Policy.
- Parents and students must sign and return to ACPS the Amelia County Public School Chromebook Policy (link below) and pay the usage/insurance fee.
ACPS Chromebook Policy
ACPS Chromebook Policy Signature Sheet
ACPS Payment Assistant Form
ACPS Chromebook FAQ's